Anastasia Lennon
aelennon.bsky.social
Anastasia Lennon
@aelennon.bsky.social
I report on the offshore wind industry, police misconduct and some other stuff for the New Bedford Light | signal: aelennon.65 | alennon@newbedfordlight.org | newbedfordlight.org
Pinned
⚖️ And one offshore wind battle resumes.

The federal government notified the court today that it has appealed the December ruling that struck down President Trump's wind memo as unlawful @newbedfordlight.bsky.social: storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.us...
February 17, 2026 at 11:54 PM
Today, Gov. Healey will sign an agreement on offshore wind with @nsgov.bsky.social Premier Tim Houston. State officials will also talk about opportunities to collaborate w/ Canada next week at a conference in NYC, where Houston, who is bullish on offshore wind, will first deliver closing remarks.
February 4, 2026 at 3:00 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
The Trump administration is now 0 for 4 in court battles over five suspended offshore wind projects.

Reporting from @aelennon.bsky.social for the @newbedfordlight.bsky.social.

newbedfordlight.org/federal-judg...
Judge allows Vineyard Wind to resume construction - The New Bedford Light
The ruling deals another blow to the Trump administration, which is now 0 for 4 in court battles over five suspended offshore wind projects.
newbedfordlight.org
January 27, 2026 at 10:16 PM
I'm off to Boston, where Vineyard Wind, the state + fed gov will argue before a judge over why the suspension order should, or shouldn't, be enjoined. Workers last week loaded the final turbine parts onto a barge so it's ready to go *if* they get the green light today @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
January 27, 2026 at 2:57 PM
About 20 people protested outside the New Bedford police HQ in 15° weather just as the snowstorm arrived. Citing the aggressive tactics and recent killings of Americans by federal immigration officers, some said they don't want local police working with ICE @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
January 25, 2026 at 4:33 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
A city police officer is facing a 15-day suspension for excessive force after punching and pepper spraying a juvenile suspect, issuing false statements about the incident, and violating the department’s body-worn camera policy. newbedfordlight.org/new-bedford-...
New Bedford officer may face unpaid suspension in excessive force case - The New Bedford Light
The department has sustained six policy violations against William Mouyos, including use of excessive force and not activating his body camera in an incident involving a juvenile on a scooter.
newbedfordlight.org
January 19, 2026 at 9:53 PM
With offshore wind projects now 2 for 2 in the courts against the Trump administration's suspensions orders, Vineyard Wind has joined the battle @newbedfordlight.bsky.social

newbedfordlight.org/vineyard-win...
Vineyard Wind sues federal government over suspension order - The New Bedford Light
The company says the project, expected to be completed in March, will suffer “irreparable harm” unless a judge issues a restraining order and preliminary injunction.
newbedfordlight.org
January 15, 2026 at 7:40 PM
Updating our tracker today to include latest that a Nantucket-based group on Fri. sued the federal government over its approval of Vineyard Wind. It *could* set the stage for another COP remand, though VW has generally fared better than other projects under Trump
newbedfordlight.org/offshore-win...
Our offshore wind tracker: What’s new with wind projects off Massachusetts and beyond? - The New Bedford Light
Offshore wind is changing fast. Here’s our tracker, first published in April 2025, and the latest on where the Northeast’s wind projects stand as of Nov. 4, 2025.
newbedfordlight.org
January 12, 2026 at 2:20 PM
What's interesting is that in the filing, the fed gov.'s position is that the *operations* (less so the construction) of the Rev Wind farm is the concern. Under Vineyard Wind's suspension, which also cites nat sec concerns, it *is* permitted to send power (i.e. operate). Both are in the MA/RI WEA.
January 9, 2026 at 4:32 PM
The federal government filed its opposition to Revolution Wind's motion for a preliminary injunction. It includes a rather redacted declaration from an under secretary at the Defense Department. Hearing is on Monday with a federal judge who struck down the fed. gov.'s first stop work order.
January 9, 2026 at 1:04 PM
I'll be on @nbc10wjar.bsky.social tonight @ ~5 to talk offshore wind. The latest from our OSW project tracker should get you up to speed, though filings keep hitting the docket for the lawsuits challenging the latest suspensions: newbedfordlight.org/offshore-win...

@newbedfordlight.bsky.social
Our offshore wind tracker: What’s new with wind projects off Massachusetts and beyond? - The New Bedford Light
Offshore wind is changing fast. Here’s our tracker, first published in April 2025, and the latest on where the Northeast’s wind projects stand as of Nov. 4, 2025.
newbedfordlight.org
January 7, 2026 at 5:08 PM
Revolution Wind in a Jan. 2 filing said the project risks losing its installation vessel, the Scylla, and cancellation if it can't resume work by next week. As of Feb. 22, the Scylla is "no longer contractually available" to Rev Wind @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
January 5, 2026 at 5:34 PM
Will Vineyard Wind/Avangrid break its silence and take any action following the Dec. project suspension? Dominion, Orsted and Equinor have issued statements and now taken action in court (Empire Wind just put out a statement) @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
January 2, 2026 at 7:40 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
Vineyard Wind can still generate power, says the fine print in Trump's lease suspension.

@aelennon.bsky.social at the @newbedfordlight.bsky.social has the story.
While BOEM's suspension order allows Vineyard Wind to "continue any activities from those wind turbines that are necessary for the current level of power generation," the future of the project remains uncertain.

Vineyard Wind has not commented on the suspension of its lease.
Mass. AG Office: Vineyard Wind may continue generating power under suspension - The New Bedford Light
The BOEM order allows Vineyard Wind to “continue operating at current capacity,” but it also floats the possibility of a permanent cancellation.
newbedfordlight.org
December 24, 2025 at 3:03 PM
🗒️ BOEM has posted its suspension orders. Here's Vineyard Wind's: tinyurl.com/4vwky8ek

- language is confusing on whether power production can continue
- it floats the possibility of cancellation
- 90-day suspension, as we reported yesterday for other projects

@newbedfordlight.bsky.social
December 23, 2025 at 6:11 PM
I'm hearing from at least two projects, one being CVOW, that it's a 90-day suspension.
🚨Department of Defense, now called the Department of War, has stepped into Trump's war against offshore wind. Interior has frozen all 5 under construction projects, incl. Vineyard Wind, citing national security concerns @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
December 22, 2025 at 5:08 PM
🚨Department of Defense, now called the Department of War, has stepped into Trump's war against offshore wind. Interior has frozen all 5 under construction projects, incl. Vineyard Wind, citing national security concerns @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
December 22, 2025 at 2:32 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
Vineyard Wind could seek to use a Rhode Island port as an option if the Army Corps of Engineers won't grant a Section 408 authorization allowing ships to pass through New Bedford hurricane barrier. Via @aelennon.bsky.social @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
rhodeislandcurrent.com/2025/12/16/v...
Vineyard Wind awaiting approval from Army Corps to finish turbine shipments • Rhode Island Current
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is still evaluating whether to extend Vineyard Wind’s ability to ship its final blades out of New Bedford, Massachusetts, and through the city's hurricane barrier afte...
rhodeislandcurrent.com
December 16, 2025 at 6:38 PM
Will we soon see a wind permit approval go through amid this federal permitting freeze?

Vineyard Wind is awaiting a decision from USACE to extend its years-long authorization to transit the New Bedford hurricane barrier with turbine components. newbedfordlight.org/vineyard-win...
Vineyard Wind awaiting approval from Army Corps to finish turbine shipments - The New Bedford Light
Vineyard Wind’s permit to send ships through New Bedford’s hurricane barrier expires Dec. 31.
newbedfordlight.org
December 16, 2025 at 2:39 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
Boston federal judge: “The State Plaintiffs have produced ample evidence demonstrating that they face ongoing or imminent injuries due to the Wind Order.” Via @aelennon.bsky.social @newbedfordlight.bsky.social bedfordlight.bsky.social rhodeislandcurrent.com/2025/12/08/f...
Federal judge declares Trump wind memo unlawful • Rhode Island Current
A federal judge on Monday ruled in favor of Massachusetts and more than a dozen states that sued the Trump administration in May over President Donald Trump’s day-one offshore wind memo. The directive...
rhodeislandcurrent.com
December 9, 2025 at 1:32 AM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
#breakingnews A federal judge on Monday ruled in favor of Massachusetts and more than a dozen states that sued the Trump administration in May over President Donald Trump’s day-one offshore wind memo. Check back for updates from @aelennon.bsky.social

newbedfordlight.org/federal-judg...
Federal judge declares Trump offshore wind memo unlawful - The New Bedford Light
The court found that the Wind Order “is arbitrary and capricious and contrary to law,” but it is unclear what relief the decision can bring to the states.
newbedfordlight.org
December 8, 2025 at 11:23 PM
🚨BREAKING: Federal judge just ordered Trump's memo freezing wind permitting is unlawful and ruled in favor of the state plaintiffs, including Massachusetts. Story TK @newbedfordlight.bsky.social
December 8, 2025 at 10:04 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
The federal agency regulating #offshorewind development has asked a federal judge to allow it to reconsider a key approval for a project off the Massachusetts coast. If granted, it would be a blow to the project, which plans to invest in #NewBedford and use the city for long-term operations.
BOEM to consider revoking New England Wind 1 approval - The New Bedford Light
If the federal government’s request is granted in court, it would be a blow to the project, which plans to invest in New Bedford.
newbedfordlight.org
December 2, 2025 at 8:49 PM
Reposted by Anastasia Lennon
One year in, body cameras are helping New Bedford police and defense attorneys. Here's The Light's report on the camera program and related policy⤵️
newbedfordlight.org/one-year-in-...
📹Below is an excerpt from a New Bedford police officer’s body camera footage referenced in the story ⤵️
November 17, 2025 at 1:17 AM
And then there was one. The tristate soliciation for offshore wind has collapsed amid federal uncertainty, w/ RI pulling out of plans to purchase power from SouthCoast Wind, a beleaguered project. Now, Massachusetts stands alone. h/t @nancyklavin.bsky.social rhodeislandcurrent.com/2025/11/14/r...
Rhode Island Energy breaks off contract with SouthCoast Wind amid federal uncertainty • Rhode Island Current
Rhode Island Energy has canceled its tentative contract to buy power from SouthCoast Wind, citing ongoing delays and federal uncertainty facing the offshore wind industry.
rhodeislandcurrent.com
November 14, 2025 at 6:24 PM